Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Impact of Social Media

Just like almost everyone else in the world, social media has a pretty big impact on my life. I don't feel like I always completely recognize it because I grew up with it for the most part, but the more I think about it the more I realize that it's affected everything I do. The first thing I do in the morning when I wake up is check Instagram and then Twitter. I love looking at Instagram because I love looking at different pictures, but ironically enough I don't personally post pictures all that often. On the other hand, I mainly use Twitter to read news articles, whether it be Fox News, ESPN, or E! Online.  As crazy as it may sound to my mom, who wouldn't believe me anyway, Twitter has really helped keep me aware of the things going on in the world through the availability of online articles.  I find myself to be a little more educated because of the accessibility, although maybe a little less social.  Social media has also destroyed my ability to focus.  A night of homework that would realistically take me two hours will take about four hours because of how distracted I get by Facebook and Twitter.  This just goes to show that as good as all of this social media can be, it can be just as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment