Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Same School, Different Degree

As most of you know by now, or I hope you know at least, I completed my undergrad here at Catholic.  I had a great 4 years here making new friends, exploring the city, and obviously learning a lot. At the end of every summer I couldn't wait to get back to school to see all of my friends and not have to meet a curfew. This year is different.  I was kind of dreading coming back to school, finding myself to be homesick before I even left New York and mainly dreading the fact that it wasn't going to be the same as the previous years.  Everyone graduated and went back home or somewhere new to work. So while I was looking forward to being back on my own, and not planning my night around a curfew or being yelled at to clean my room, I was really scared of the change. The first week was kind of rough. It was, and still is, so weird to walk around campus and not see any of my friends or anyone that I really even know for that matter. I can't meet them for lunch on campus or make plans to go out to dinner after class. While part of me is still sad about this, I've come to really appreciate the new friendships I've made through this program and I'm excited for where the rest of this year will take us! You guys are the bees knees.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! Thankfully, we have a great class that has helped fill the gap of friends that have moved out of the DC area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Victoria in how I also felt the same way coming back to CUA and not recognizing anyone's face and the fact that I am probably older than most of the faces that you see at the pryz. From what I can see everybody has gotten to know each other and I am pretty confident to say that by the end of the year everybody will know each other on a deeper level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, it has been quite different to experience campus without all the people from our undergraduate class. It forces you to realize that our undergraduate days have come to an end, but it is also motivating because we are taking new steps in our lives. Working on a Masters degree is an awesome feeling, and the friendships we are building with one another will be lasting and true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you've found an internship, and I expect a contribution in class. It'll help on public speaking practice. :)

    ReplyDelete